Requirements: BS degree (strongly preferred) or equivalent related work experience in Engineering, Environmental Science or Biological Science plus 4 years related work experience. Additionally:
· Knowledge of federal, state and local environmental regulations
· Established rapport with representatives of appropriate agencies
· Meticulous organizational skills for record keeping and documentation
· Strong commitment to seeking innovative ways to reduce carbon footprint
· Budgeting ability to be able to control costs and assets
· Able to travel to remote facilities and/or offices for meetings.
This position is responsible for compliance with all current and future Federal, State, and local Environmental Regulatory requirements including application for and renewal of applicable permits. Environmental areas of concern are air, storm water, wastewater, recycling, hazardous waste, solid waste, bio-solid land application, and chemical compliance. Specifically, this position:
· Ensures compliance with: Wastewater operation, air quality compliance, bio solids program, hazardous waste, recycling, solid waste, potable water and oil handling programs for the designated plant operations
· May supervise and manage general associates including hiring, training and developing associates to ensure adherence to environmental regulations and reduction of carbon foot print.
· Provides timely, accurate and consistent reports to include safety, production, human resources, administrative and the regulatory community.
· Controls cost and assets to manage within established goals.
· Reports to the Complex Director of Operations with dotted-line responsibility to the Corporate Director, Environment Services.
· Provides notification of activities, spill releases and non-compliance in a timely manner.
· Develops and implements sustainable waste recycling programs.
· Establishes and implements procedures that will reduce this facility’s consumption of natural gas, diesel fuel, electricity, compressed air, steam and water.
· May conduct two environmental audits of other facilities per year.
· Requires adherence to all safety requirements including PPE, preventing and reporting unsafe acts and conditions, Lockout/Tag Out procedure and process safety management related matters.