Company produces printed folding cartons for pharmaceutical industry products, cartons, booklets and inserts for high profile name brand clients. The role will be to support a large 24 x 7 plant and the 400+ employee operation and to maintain and improve operations along the area of Health, Safety and Environmental concerns.
The main purpose of the role is to support the Divisional HSE Manager in
delivering divisional HSE improvement programs across assigned sites; to champion the
adoption and deployment of robust occupational health & safety and environmental
management systems; to ensure that the assigned sites remain compliant with all applicable
HSE legislation; to undertake a program of internal HSE audits; to provide competent HSE
advice and guidance to site management.
- Travel to assigned site at least twice monthly
• Provide competent HSE advice and guidance to site management, including participating
in regular site HSE reviews and daily site management meetings
• Promote / develop a positive HSE culture within the assigned sites
• Ensure assigned site(s) remain compliant with all applicable HSE legislation.
• Undertake and manage a program of internal HSE inspections and audits
• Maintain HSE compliance calendars, and maintain Regional HSE compliance.
• Participate in the investigation of employee concerns, HSE Incidents, and Employee
Observations/Near Misses, along with corrective action development, implementation
and follow-up, providing detailed feedback of findings and advice
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field, with relevant professional qualifications and
accreditations (e.g. GradIOSH, AIEMA, Member of ASSE)
• A proven track record and ability to engage employees
• A minimum 5 years’ experience in a health, Safety and environment role in a manufacturing/chemical
• Willingness to travel 25%
• Knowledgeable on HSE Legislation and Environmental Initiatives (e.g. CRC, CDP, ESOS)
• Knowledge and experience of undertaking accident investigations and machinery safety assessments
• Familiar with the implementation and external accreditation audit processes of HSE
management systems ( ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 50001 )
• Experience of developing and undertaking internal HSE inspections and audits
• Experience of developing and implementing site level HSE improvement program