Responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting of the environmental programs at the plant to ensure compliance with all environmental standards and regulations, including Clean Water, Waste, Air Quality and Pollution.
- Conduct environmental sampling and preparing and sending samples out for 3rd party testing.
- Conduct environmental inspections, including hazardous waste, opacity, leak detection and repair (LDAR), stormwater, and SPCC inspections.
- Planning, overseeing, and reviewing source testing for plant emission units.
- Overseeing and assisting 3rd party contractors performing environmental work onsite.
- Management of the hazardous waste burning program.
- Completion and submission of hazardous waste manifests.
- Preparing and drafting environmental reports to regulatory agencies.
- Uploading and submitting environmental data to online databases.
- Data collection and tracking for environmental compliance and continuous improvement.
- Acts as liaison with regulatory agencies.
- Maintenance and calibration of environmental monitoring equipment.
- Bachelors of Science in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science or related field.
- 2-6 years of professional environmental experience in an industrial setting.
- Experience with regulatory agencies and interpreting environmental permits and regulations.
- Experience with leak detection and repair LDAR, SWPPP, and SPCC.
- Experience with hazardous waste management.
- Experience with certified sampling and test methods.
- Experience with handheld environmental monitoring equipment.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Access.
- Familiarity with ISO 14001, or ISO 14001 Auditor Certification, is a plus.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification.
- Needs to be physically capable of bending, kneeling, standing, climbing ladders, lifting 25-50 lbs, wearing a respirator.
- Works well independently; a self-starter who can prioritize their workload.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.