ROLE: Engineer III, Business Engineering
To design and plan equipment/technology for a global network, which includes, Ethernet over Fiber, Ethernet over
Coaxial, EPON, DPOE, Ethernet over MPLS, and MPLS technologies.
Qualified candidate will work closely with Service Engineering, Sales and Operations teams and have the following
• Selection of technology and equipment platforms to enable best in the class Ethernet services
• Work closely with other engineering teams such as IP engineering and transmission engineering to
ensure efficient network architecture.
• Qualification of equipment in a laboratory environment, which includes development of test
requirements, test plans and qualification reports.
• Work closely with Service engineering/Sales to design and Qualify Ethernet services.
• Support service rollout by developing provisioning guidelines and commissioning guidelines
• Participating and contributing to different industrial forums such as Metro Ethernet Forum, CableLabs
• Architecting, design and test Ethernet and IP networks (Ethernet over Fiber, Ethernet over PON,
Ethernet over Coaxial, MPLS & MPLS-T Technologies)
• Knowledge of Layer 2 network design and standards, including Ethernet WAN technologies, MEF
services (ELINE, ELAN, E-Tree, E-Access, EVPN), IEEE standards 802.1ad QnQ, 802.1q VLAN
tagging, Ethernet OAM 802.3ah and 802.1ag.
• Experience with routing protocols BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, and RIP.
• Implementing a resilient network with redundancy and rapid fail over using MPLS, LACP, G8032
• Implementing security – protection against flooding, denial of service, etc.
• Traffic management and optimization – traffic shaping, classification, policing, queuing, scheduling
• Network Management, performance measurement, fault management, access security.
• Generate and implement Engineering Design Documentation for new network builds or
augmentations. Includes engineering of all aspects of Layer 2 thru Layer 4 IP services delivery
• Perform network maintenance, diagnostics work and provide technical support to cross-organizational
teams and engineering associates
• Develop, provide and maintain positive communication with vendors for diagnosing and rectifying
problems and candidate possesses strong inter-personal communication skills
• Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple deadlines
• Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to assimilate, analyze and correlate large
amounts of forensic data from various network, operating system, application, and security devices,
logs, and alerts.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science is required. Master degree is a plus.
• 5+ years experience on network architecture and technology planning for Ethernet and/or IP networks
in carrier and enterprise service provider environment.
• Ability to learn new technologies, troubleshoot IP and Ethernet services networks
• Cisco CCNA or CCNP is plus
• MEF CECP certification is a plus
• Layer 2 and knowledge of MEF standards Highly desirable
• Working knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 switching and routing protocols: i.e. IEEE801.1Q, QinQ,
carrier ethernet, Y.1731, BGP, OSPF, MPLS.