We are searching for a Senior Embedded Systems Software Engineer for a rapidly growing biotech company. The Senior Embedded Systems Software Engineer will design and develop the firmware that bridges an exciting brain imaging platform and data acquisition software. The Embedded Systems Software Engineer will join a collaborative team of neuroscientists, data scientists and engineers from software, mechanical, optical and electrical engineering fields.
The Senior Embedded Systems Software Engineer will design, build, test, and troubleshoot hardware, firmware, and embedded software for data acquisition electronics and embedded imaging systems. He or she will lead continuous integration, verification, validation and testing of software releases and lead the development of production software for hardware calibration and verification.
This exciting company offers exceptional career growth opportunities.
Requirements for Senior Embedded Systems Software Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent, advanced degree preferred
- 2+ years industry experience working with embedded systems.
- Proficient in C/C++, python code development for embedded systems.
- Experience developing Linux device drivers and firmware.
- Experience working with embedded interfaces (I2C, SPI) and protocols including wireless (USB3.0, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, MIPI etc.).
- Experience with low level system programming, build systems and solution deployment.
- Experience with multithreading, synchronization and system performance optimization.
- Experience with development/build tools and release/review management process.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with GStreamer pipelines, plugins, applications and advanced video codecs
- Experience working with digital signals, FPGA and image sensors
- Experience with hardware-accelerated image processing pipelines (OpenCV, OpenGL, CUDA).
- Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) experience.