Electronic & Instrumentation Technician – 1st shift
Des Moines, IA
Our Des Moines, IA food manufacturing client is looking to an Electronic & Instrumentation Technician to their 1st shift. The Electronics and Instrumentation Technician will safely and efficiently maintain, troubleshoot issues with and work to improve the electrical subsystems within the production facility.
- Use the appropriate tools (e.g. multimeter, software) to troubleshoot and diagnose the root cause of electrical issues in the facility.
- • Troubleshoot and test functionality of process instrumentation; flow meters, level transmitters, level switches…etc.
- • Work with internal and external resources to resolve issues as quickly and effectively as possible.
- • Interpret electrical schematics and user manuals.
- • Troubleshoot hardware issues with PLCs (programmable logic controllers) and touchscreens.
- • Use basic network troubleshooting to diagnose control networking issues.
- • Perform preventive maintenance in accordance with approved maintenance plans and work orders.
- • Train others on technical content (especially as it relates to electrical subsystems).
- • Continually seek out opportunities for process improvements.
- • Assist and consult with the management/engineering on projects as needed.
- • Assist mechanics when necessary.
- • Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- • Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- 2 year certification from college or technical school or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience in Instrumentation Technology
- Three years strong industrial electrical background in a manufacturing environment (Food Processing Plant preferred).
- Experience in mechanical systems, welding and pneumatics helpful.