As an Electrical Supervisor you will plan and lead the daily activities of a team of millwrights, electricians, and mechanics in the areas of safety, quality, and reliability focused maintenance practices. You will also be responsible for leading team meetings & trainings, identifying safety, environmental, quality & production issues, coordinating activities with production teams to maximize productivity and minimize cost, and reducing waste while proactively addressing reliability concerns. Additionally, you will lead the team by proactively resolving employee issues, building teamwork, and ensuring adherence to all applicable site policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Plan, develop, manage, and provide effective leadership for the maintenance team
- Ensure the safety of all associates by identifying safety issues and taking measures to proactively address concerns
- Actively supervise and develop the maintenance team to ensure effective communication across and between shifts, and with the production teams
- Utilize preventive maintenance systems to reduce unscheduled downtime
- Efficiently use reliable troubleshooting methods to ensure uptime, production volume, and quality goals are met
- Effectively utilize training resources to maximize team technical skills
- Lead team meetings and training
- Identify safety, reliability, environmental, quality and production issues
- Coordinate activities with the production team to maximize productivity and minimize cost
- Reduce waste and take measures to proactively address all concerns
- Proactively resolve employee issues, build team work, and ensure adherence to all applicable site policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner
- At least a High School diploma. Prefer a technical background, Associates or Bachelors degree in Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in a supervisory role in an industrial environment
- Experience with PLC’s and other electrical manufacturing plant controls systems required.
- Ability to identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent reoccurrence
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to raise performance by building and maintaining positive relationships with all associates through coaching and development
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, and decision-making skills
- Track record of consistently demonstrating leadership skills as well as positive influence and accomplishments in proactively influencing safety, environmental, quality, productivity, and people development
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office and other Windows-based programs and internet skills
- Demonstrated results in achieving and sustaining business goals
- Knowledge of Maintenance Planning software such as Maximo or SAP
This opportunity is with a major organization, a great company. They’re offering a very solid compensation package including salary ($85-100K), bonus, relocation assistance, retirement package and more! The location is South of Ruston, LA, which is Northern Louisiana, close to Louisiana Technical University, not too far from Shreveport.