Company is a leading industrial automation distributor, since 1985, located in Allen, TX and is seeking a detail oriented Electrical Automation Project Engineer.
Job Duties Include:
- Assisting outside saled with projects for customers
- Handling direct calls from customers on particular project ideas
- Inter-office communications
- Creating Quotes using Excel
- Visit Customer locations to assist with projects
- Up to 25% travel
- Work with Customer to design projects using company products
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Technology, Controls Engineering or similar.
- Hands-on experience with PLCs and motion control components and systems
- Proficiency programming PLCs and HMIs
- Understanding motion control concepts with experience in sizing and specifying stepper, servo and various motor and drive systems
- Experience with industrial automation
- Experience with and good understanding of electro-mechanical systems
- Experience reading and generating electrical drawings and schematics
- Excellent communication skills both internally and with customers
Activity / responsibility examples:
- Basic product specification: We review applications with customers (virtually or in person) and determine which of our products will do the best job at meeting their need. This can involve sizing the hardware, motors, drives controls, and creating a bill of materials etc.. We could also receive part numbers or descriptions of competitive products that we research and offer an alternate solution based on the application / product specifications.
- Basic programming / parameter sets: Customer may order the hardware and request that we provide setting of basic internal parameters and some minimal programming more at the component level. Example would be motor /drive with parameters set and basic homing routine or initial program written to perform as requested once connected to customer’s existing system.
- Small system development/programming/commissioning: Often customer need components combined into small workstations / system which would involve design, layout, assembly, and programming. Depending on the complexity, we would also offer onsite commissioning or initialization of the system. Typical system would consist of motors, drives controls and HMI units – with and without actuators. Layout / design could be both mechanical and electrical.
- Application / product review: We also meet with customers to explain and show the capabilities of our products so they will understand better how they can use them to improve their specific process or solve a specific issue.
- Focus product demonstrations for customers via in person and virtual meetings. In person meetings can consist of one on one meetings with customer or more of lunch & learn or mini tradeshow format. The purpose of these presentations would be in support of and typically in conjunction with a member of the outside sales team. Meetings / demonstrations would be to provide customers a better understanding of our capabilities and the product’s capabilities in a more general format.
The person in this position would be involved in all of these steps or processes and would coordinate with others to assure accuracy and completeness of project.