Electrical Maintenance Technician
New Hampton, IA
Our New Hampton, IA heavy industrial manufacturing client is looking to hire an Electrical Maintenance Technician on their Night shift. This Electrical Maintenance Technician will perform a variety of functions related to electrical controls, equipment and wiring in this industrial manufacturing plant. Daily duties will involve testing, troubleshooting, installation and repair of the electrical components as well as general maintenance of industrial equipment.
- Responsible for the timely development and implementation of new and used equipment, process improvement, and building enhancement.
- Understand robotic automation.
- Create PLC programs and integration systems for new and used equipment.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required fabrication and installation on equipment.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and adjust when necessary.
- Perform PLC trouble shooting.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required. Associates degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial maintenance preferred.
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience.
- 3 phase motor experience.
- DC Motor experience.
- 4-20 MA/0-10 volt control loop experience.
- Experience working with 480 or less voltage up to 200AMP.
- Basic electrical tool experience including but not limited to multimeter, strippers, lineman pliers, fuse pullers, fish tap, labelers, blenders, lifts.
- Basic blueprint reading experience.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.