Our client is 140-person, family-owned manufacturing company that is growing. They manufacturer agricultural equipment and need to add an Electrical Engineer to their team to help develop new products and revise existing products. You will report to the Director of Engineering. This is a company that truly values their staff. They are in South-Central Iowa, about 70 miles from Des Moines. Must love rural living.
What you will be doing:
- Provide technical expertise in the design of electrical systems and products.
- Design (they use SolidWorks), prototype, test, implement and improve new products, existing products, and electrical systems.
- Interpret mechanical design drawings for electrical requirements.
- Recommend equipment, new concepts, and techniques to improve performance, simplify processes, and improve material designs or material flaws as related to electrical systems and components.
- Work collaboratively with the engineering team and plant personnel to improve electrical/digital component and product designs on existing products or develop new products.
- Assist with troubleshooting and problem solving
- Size and specify electrical parts and electronic components and evaluate for safety, reliability, and performance.
- Interface with customers / dealers to obtain practical understanding of requirements to design new products and improve existing products to meet the demands of the market.
- Create detailed manufacturing prints, bill of materials and operating instructions for all products and improvements while interfacing with Sales, Manufacturing, and Procurement to insure an integrated, efficient product roll-out.
What they are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Agricultural Engineering degree with strong electrical engineering background required.
- The right person will range from a fresh graduate with good co-op experience up to 5 years of experience
- Previous electrical engineering design experience in a product development and manufacturing environment, not just at the component level
- Proficiency in 2D or 3D drafting, they use SolidWorks.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong electro-mechanical aptitude.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- PLC programming knowledge is a plus
- Familiar with NEC, UL, CSA, NFPA, and other electrical industry codes, standards and practices is a plus.
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- 401K with match
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays