We are searching for an Electrical Design Engineer for an emerging medical devices company working with cardiovascular products. The Electrical Design Engineer will work collaboratively with senior engineers to design, test and debug electronic boards and assembly.
Requirements for the Electrical Design Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree; BS in Electrical Engineering preferred
- 2+ years of relevant work experience. Candidates with an MS and 1 year of experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of electronic design and component selection
- Ability to read and interpret schematics
- Experience with assembly and testing of electrical prototypes using complex equipment, including oscilloscopes
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong communications skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Board-level design of electronic circuitry
- Design entry experience with schematic capture
- Firmware development
- Digital and analog circuitry design
- Knowledge of medical device design requirements, including design controls and IEC 60601-1
- Experience with medical devices
- Knowledge of the electrophysiology space
- Work in a startup environment
Responsibilities of the Electrical Design Engineer:
- Independently trouble-shoot and fix or replace electronic boards/components as required.
- Work closely with other R&D engineers to conduct system integration and test.
- Design and support electrical proof of concept, testing, and measurements
- Create simple electrical designs such as supporting boards and/or test fixtures
- Execute simulations and testing to help verify designs and test prototypes
- Assist with component research and selection
- Participate in testing and integration tasks
- Prototype assembly and testing
- Assist manufacturing engineering with fixtures and set up for systems and component testing
- Interface with manufacturing engineers in the design and validation of test equipment
- Contributes to research efforts to develop a solution or a new product
- Support and/or lead IEC 60601-1 EMC and Safety testing for compliance with medical device requirements