As our Electric Automation Product Manager, you will be a part of a team that evaluates and recommends application solutions involving servo motion & drives, machine vision & sensors, and machine controls and safety systems. You will recommend systems solutions to clients which meet and exceed their application requirements. You will become a technical expert and a customer facing consultant for our client’s machinery and production processes.
- Provide technical and sales support, remotely and in-person.
- Go on sales calls and schedule appointments with potential new accounts
- Help provide technical training at 2 product training meetings (PTMs) per year
- Assess and recommend electrical technology solutions for our clients’ applications, including Bill of Materials and other specifics to include with Sales Engineer’s proposals.
- Achieve mutually agreed upon annual corporate sales goals for all products applicable to the industrial market
- Provide training to our sales staff relative to applications and products
- Foster a positive team environment by assisting co-workers
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization
- Develop strong relationships with factory representatives from our manufacturer partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Self-motivation and a desire to help customers with their industrial automation needs
- Excellent customer relations or sales skills
- Industrial application problem solving capabilities (servo motion and drives, vision, machine safety, and more)
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems related to the Industrial Machinery industry
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with engineers and technical designers to determine and deliver appropriate customer solutions
- Mechanically-inclined, or a strong interest in electro-mechanical technologies
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or equivalent work experience of 10 to 20 years.
- 7-10 years industry experience (as a sales engineer OR application engineer OR a combination of them)
- 401(k) retirement with matching
- Employee discounts on automobiles
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Training program
- Job development training
- Personal development training
- Supportive team
- Excellent holiday schedule
- Car allowance
- Cell phone allowance
- Anniversary bonus