We have an opening for an Electrical & Instrumentation Maintenance Supervisor to work in partnership with leadership and employees at our Mill in Alabama. This is a unionized facility with approximately 400 employees.
Experience ownership firsthand as you ensure the performance, reliability, and results of all equipment and corresponding maintenance and repair work (including contract work) at a world class corrugated medium paper production facility.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- High school diploma or G.E.D with 5+ years of E&I experience in an Industrial setting or related work experience and education.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, & MS Office Project software
- Working knowledge of current electrical safety standards such as NEC, NFPA 70E and OSHA
- Experience in the following areas: project management and planning/scheduling, predictive and preventative maintenance programs.
- Safety mindset with thorough understanding of safety policies and procedures
- Initiative to problem solve and take independent action
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to situationally adjust communication style and interact across all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT :
- Lead safety systems & processes that support achieving our continually improving annual goals
- Develop & maintain methods for tracking & reducing maintenance costs by reviewing work orders, examining priorities & obtaining proper approvals for repairs and publishing daily schedules
- Coordinate efforts with the Operations Maintenance Coordinators and Maintenance Planners to identify and provide materials, manning requirements, and other support needed to complete required work.
- Improve efficiency & effectiveness of department operations and ensure required work is completed by analyzing the processes & utilizing available tools, technology and outside resources.
- Build positive relations & help develop department employees to their full potential through effective communication, training and supervisory skills
- By managing the E&I workforce consistent with the union contract and company policies in such areas as overtime, vacation, training and discipline.
- Manage cost control for department to ensure that expenditures do not exceed budget
- Collaborate with production operators to understand operational issues as well as process and equipment opportunities.
- Investigates problems to ensure efficient facility operation and determines root cause to prevent reoccurrence
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.