We are searching for an EHS Specialist to oversee all environmental health and safety activities at a pharmaceutical contract research and manufacturing site in suburban Cleveland. The EHS Specialist will develop EHS programs and practices and manage all relevant activities including permitting, training and safety audits.
Requirements for the EHS Specialist:
- BS + MS in environmental health, occupational safety or related discipline.
- CSP preferred
- 5+ years EHS experience in the pharmaceutical or chemical industries
- Chemical safety experience including lab safety, process safety, hazard assessment and control.
- Chemical hygiene, PPE assessment, exposure control and industrial hygiene monitoring
- Environmental compliance and permitting including Air (Title V) Surface Water (NPDES/SWPP) Hazardous Waste, RCRA Large Quantity Generator/Contingency Plan) and POTW
- Emergency Response and Business Continuity Planning
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and technical writing skills with the ability to interact with all levels in the organization
- Experience in interactions with regulatory agencies to support permitting and compliance inspections
- Development and implementation of EH&S training program
- Experience in CRO, APIs, Hazmat, DOT and Potent Compounds considered a plus
: Please apply using the form or send your resume to Debbie Winkelbauer