Education/Experience: 12 years’ relevant experience (including an advanced degree in environmental, natural or social sciences or policy) in environmental and development fields and familiarity with government, private sector and civil society actors and institutions working on climate and energy issues.
Skills and abilities:
- Strong knowledge of and experience with climate strategies, with deep understanding of climate policy and public engagement approaches;
- Strong coalition building and management skills;
- Familiarity with United States government policies and processes. Knowledge of climate issues and familiarity with academic, government, and non-governmental organizations active in the climate change fora and debates in the United States and globally;
- Familiarity with the ecosystem of subnational and non-state climate action in the U.S. and globally;
- Ability to identify and evaluate appropriate strategies for the company at national and subnational levels, taking into account scientific, political and social considerations;
- Substantial skills and experience in program design, management, monitoring and evaluation; a commitment and drive to achieve challenging goals;
- A problem-solving and positive attitude, including a strong level of emotional intelligence with an understanding of how her/his emotional responses impact others positively and negatively;
- Communicates clearly and concisely orally and in writing;
- Able to accurately plan, schedule and budget programs as well as small and large projects; and
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams
- Identifies and aligns with core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.