Rapidly growing pharmaceutical drug development company seeks a Director of Project Management to lead clinical R&D programs of complex cross-functional and cross program strategic management including non-clinical research, CMC, and clinical studies. This is a remote role with travel to the San Francisco Bay Area as needed.
Requirements for the Director of Project Management:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or related field; advanced degree; advanced degree strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in pharmaceutical drug development with demonstrated success leading global programs in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- 5+ years of cross-functional program management experience in the biotechnology industry
- Strong project management experience, PMP a plus
- A track record of accomplishment in leading clinical R&D teams
- Experience in drug discovery, ie. preclinical and clinical stages of drug development
- Working knowledge of regulatory affairs, outsourcing and business development
- GLP and GMP quality knowledge
- Experience developing drug products in disease states such as liver disease, metabolic disease, autoimmune disease preferred
- In-depth understanding of industry standards and applicable guidelines; FDA regulations and ICH GCP knowledge
- Strong collaboration and team communication skills and the ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in spoken and written Chinese a plus