Our client is an Alabama-based architectural woodwork contractor, one of the largest architectural millwork companies in the Southeast. They frequently work on impressive, high-quality and high profile projects such as athletic facilities, hospitals, corporate headquarters, higher education buildings, and places of worship.
REMOTE WORK is available but candidates must reside within 60 miles of Tuscaloosa, AL. Travel in to that office will be required on a regular basis.
This client seeks an experienced Director of Project Management and the role centers around building connections, motivating teams, and driving results. The Director must appreciate individual motivations and employ effective communication and decision-making processes. Influencing and persuading others, both within and outside the organization, is key. Training and developing others is often necessary to initiate projects and processes beyond standard practices. Adaptability and relationship-building are crucial due to evolving goals and a changing organizational landscape. Ultimately, the position requires a motivated leader skilled in team building and organizational development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs and coordinates Project Management Team’s activities and assignments to manage Team Member’s workload and maximize efficiency
- Review and manage work orders to ensure work is flowing in the proper and efficient manners
- Supports Project Managers in obtaining needed project information and resolving conflicts with clients
- Assists, manages and coaches Project Managers through difficult or unique issues
- Collaborates with project managers and other teams to assist in the planning of large projects or complex scope items
- Develops systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure projects are running on time and in budget
- Develops & maintains relationships with vendors & customers
- Works closely with project managers and customers to determine and collaborate on schedule, job flow, and durations of activities
- Responsible for managing customer expectations
- Supports Production Team by ensuring project information is released and interpreted accurately for timely product delivery
- Supports installation team by ensuring projects are well planned and effective communication is conducted with customers on the flow of a project
- Provides oversight for maintaining or bettering Project budgets for materials and labor
- Performs critical oversight function for the company
- Finds ways to increase efficiency, productivity, and throughput
- Will be in direct contact with other managers to improve workflows and minimize points of friction
- Determines and effectively communicates the priority of work when needed
- Performs backup functions for project managers in their absence
- 7+ years of experience as a Project Manager (or higher) within the woodworking, manufacturing, or construction industry is preferred
- Must have experience with projects in the $1 million+ range
- Four‐year degree, or higher, from a technical school, college or university is required
- Candidates with experience in Project Management software such as Innergy, and/or Drawings Software such as Bluebeam are preferred
Why work for this company?
- Competitive compensation – base salary range of $100-130k, depending on your experience
- Bonus plan and profit sharing program (5-10% expected, and up to 12%)
- Relocation assistance is available for candidates with millwork experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k with generous company match
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Paid time off is negotiable
Apply today! A recruiter will contact all qualified candidates.