TITLE: Director of Pharmacy
Location: Bluefield, WV
Interested in being more than just an employee?
Want to put your skills, knowledge and interest in being known as a valuable resource?
Would like to be in a the largest town in southern West Virginia and work at the community hospital and have impact on outcomes and not be just an employee of a large system?
Would you want to live an area that has low crime, three national parks, lots of new businesses and access to expressways and interstates.
If that sounds like the change you are looking for, please read on…
What they’re looking for:
• Graduate of College of Pharmacy and able to have/obtain a West Virginia Pharmacist License.
• 3 years of management experience and hospital experience.
Hours and compensation potential:
• The position is primarily day shift.
• The range is between for $115,000-$173,000 depending on experience.
• The facility offers a full benefit package and will help with relocation/sign-on bonus.
What you’ll be doing:
• Will oversee the operation of the Pharmacy from planning, organizing and delineates duties and responsibilities of the Pharmacy.
• Supervises the compounding, dispensing, ordering and proper storage of all pharmaceuticals. Maintains formularies, sources of information on new products, adequate compendia and an updated library of pharmaceutical literature.
• Assists in medication monitoring functions of the Medical Staff, as defined by its by-laws, JCAHO and Medicare conditions of participation.
• Establishes and maintains a system of record keeping, accountability and documentation with the current applicable local, state and federal statutes regarding the practice of pharmacy.
• Position reports to the the Vice President/COO.
• The facility is 300 beds and take care of around 13K patients each year with over 50K being treated in the emergency room.