The Director of Operations is responsible for managing and providing strategic guidance to operations Leaders. This position is accountable for all aspects of site operations. Direct reports include Production, Maintenance, Engineering, Supply Chain, with Matrix reporting for Finance, Quality, Human Resources, Environmental Health and Safety. Responsibility for developing and adhering to the annual production budget, participating in new product development and planning, attending and participating in various organizational meetings. The Director of Operations is accountable for supervision of all direct and indirect reports in a way that is beneficial to all associates and helps to establish and maintain a positive relationship with them.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continue and strengthen a culture of Inclusion and Diversity to drive results in Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Display positive Leadership with demonstrated respect for others.
- Communicate with associates with a focus on providing personal development and work related performance feedback
- Monitoring daily operation schedules for all departments for accuracy and ensuring daily operational goals are realized
- Develop a thorough understanding of process flow and key controls of the products manufactured. Use this knowledge along with daily observations of all areas of the operations facility to drive Continuous Improvement and build product costings.
- Provide strategic guidance to the organization through participation in cross functional meetings and data analysis on sales trends and cost performance.
- Implement Standard Work to include visual management that tracks key performance indicators of operations including quality, service, safety and cost. Share operations goals and guidelines for achieving the goals with facility leadership
- Must be open to receiving performance feedback and be able to react to the feedback in a positive manner
- Participate in new product development and planning by researching the cost and ability of producing the product
- Communicate new product production plans to Team Leaders and participate in implementation of the new product’s production
- Develop operations annual budget by analyzing spending and allocation of resources; and taking into consideration the feedback that has been received from Team Leaders
- Adhere to the approved operations annual budget and provide budget updates and adjustments as requested to Vice President
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelors degree required; preference for degrees in Industrial Engineering and Food Science
- Must have a minimum of fives years experience in a production facility; preferably in a food facility
- Prefer experience in the flour milling, spice blending, or frozen food industry
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and coaching skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Proficient computer skills in spreadsheets; data bases and word processing
- Excellent technical knowledge of equipment, products and processes
- Self motivated, results orientated and excellent personal skills
- Strong background in HAACP; safety; GMP; and AIB
- Must have a hands-on work ethic
- Bilingual preferred
- Supervisory responsibilities include monitoring the performance of operations Team Leaders as well as the overall performance of all operations associates. These responsibilities include making final decisions on staffing needs; disciplinary actions; development and evaluation of work objectives and their effectiveness; and realigning operations work and associate’s assignments as necessary.