Our client is a leader in bringing hope and restoration to people experiencing homelessness and related issues. They have served the Pittsburgh area for over 70 years and have won the Best Christian Workplace award
Currently we seek a Director of Development to continue the success that has been experienced over the past several years of increasing budgets and the completion of a $24 Million capital campaign. Experienced fundraisers who are outgoing, persuasive, and flexible are most likely to be successful in this role. With a solid team in place and a 4-Star Rating by Charity Navigator, you’ll be positioned for success with this growing nonprofit.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, implementing and directing comprehensive fundraising, marketing, event, and volunteer programs.
· Establish, lead, and manage all processes related to the Development Team’s goals.
· This position will directly supervise our Development Manager, Sr. Marketing Manager, Event Manager, and Volunteer Experience Specialist and be responsible for helping them achieve their goals and maximizing their efforts.
· Responsible for representing and presenting the organization at events, churches, businesses, and other organizations throughout the city.
· Shared responsibility for representing to the media.
· Create and implement a comprehensive, multi-year fundraising plan to increase philanthropic support for the organization.
· Have a good understanding and the ability to provide oversight and input into marketing, communications, event management, and volunteer engagement.
Donor & Prospect Management
· Personally maintain a portfolio of approximately 75-150 major and planned gift prospects, maintaining frequent contact with prospects and volunteers spending approximately 50%-65% of time on direct fundraising efforts.
· Ensure consistent and appropriate contact, facilitate, or make solicitations, and ensure effective stewardship.
· Conduct a minimum of 75-100 face to face visits with prospects and donors per year and participate in approximately 15 – 30 solicitations per year with gifts ranging from $10K – $250K or more.
· Gather data, assess prospects, and develop strategies designed to realize the current and lifetime potential of individual prospects.
· Aggressively identify, and formally qualify, new major and planned gift prospects by developing and executing long-range and short-range strategy, producing a continuous stream of donors capable of making significant gifts.
· Make a persuasive verbal and written case for supporting key programs and projects, effectively matching the interests of prospects to specific Mission needs.
· Maintain strong lines of communication with colleagues in Programs and Administration to ensure effective collaboration and synergy in achieving fundraising goals and objectives.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· At least five years of experience in fundraising, sales and marketing, and/or public relations.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment and diplomacy, with a commitment to confidentiality.
· Demonstrated success in raising capital, program support, and endowment gifts.
· Proven success working in a multifaceted development environment.
· Excellent written and communication skills with an engaging, genuine, and mature personal style.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a proven record of working collaboratively with others is necessary.
· Proficient skills in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.). • Candidate must have reliable internet service.
· Experience using CRM software such as Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, etc.