We are currently searching for a Director of Manufacturing to join an well established and rapidly growing medical device company in San Diego, CA. The Director of Manufacturing will manage 3 direct reports and a team of 60-80 people. This is a 3 shift operation.
Requirements of the Director of Manufacturing:
- Bachelor’s in business administration or relevant discipline. Advanced degree a plus.
- 5+ years experience in medical device manufacturing at the director level strongly preferred.
- Excellent communications skills, written, oral and electronic
- A track record of accomplishment in a manufacturing leadership role, mentoring and developing subordinates.
- Demonstrated experience working with ISO 13485, FDA and cGMP regulations. ISO 13485, 21CFR Part 820, CMDR SOR/98-282, 93/42/EEC, RDC 16 2013, MHLW MO 169 and TG(MD)R preferred.
- Experience with QAD or similar ERP systems.
- Data analysis and performance and operation metrics experience.
- Knowledge of business functions and principles such as supply chain, finance, customer service, etc.
Responsibilities of the Director of Manufacturing:
- Direct manufacturing and production activities, manufacturing policies, production plans and ensure the accomplishment of corporate manufacturing objectives.
- Mentor, coach and motivate employees by providing helpful and insightful feedback, assess employee performance and provide training opportunities.
- Foster a culture of teamwork and schedule regular individual and team meetings to attain open communication for direct reports.
- Administer objectives and monitor completion of tasks and progress.
- Coordinate with Quality team to ensure all products adhere to quality standards and regulations.
- Gather, analyze and interpret data and metrics to evaluate departmental performance.
- Purchase plant equipment, supplies and materials to meet production schedules.
- Provide leadership for direct reports and ensure effective employee relations through proactive and positive coaching, training, conflict resolution, communication and follow up.
Occupational category: 11-1021 General and Operations Managers
: Please apply using the form or send your resume to Debbie Winkelbauer