Regional Director of Construction Operations
A local Chattanooga residential / Multifamily Builder with local & regional developments + HUGE career growth opportunities within the local market and new office openings.
To provide leadership to the New-Home & Multifamily Regional Production team based on Company vision and to manage and oversee all aspects of construction related to Residential / Multifamily development and home building.
- Communicate and exemplify their vision to Company customers and employees
- Train, hire and supervise all positions in the production/construction department of Company both in Chattanooga and in other regional markets that they are building in.
- This includes but not limited to the following positions:
- Senior Superintendents and Junior Superintendents
- Assistant Superintendent
- Civil Construction Manager
- Warranty Manager
- Quality Control Manager
- Punch Assistant(s)
- Laborer (s)
- Oversee the Company processes and procedures of building their homes.
- Hold the production department accountable to Company quality standards.
- Create a strategic plan and implement the plan to build homes on a regional level including helping with and coordinating the setting up of and securing of site superintendents, trade partners, and vendors.
- Work with other departments to achieve Company goals set forth by the Executive Team.
- Track production based on the Company schedule for each neighborhood
- Work with sales to help resolve any construction related issues
- Work with drafting to resolve plan related issues / corrections
- Work with purchasing and estimating to help resolve purchase order issues
- Conduct semi-annual reviews of production department positions to review accountability metrics and job performance
- Track production department position metrics for incentive bonuses
- Responsible to work with Purchasing and Estimating to provide production department with qualified trade partners and vendors.
- Constantly be recruiting new trade partners and vendors.
- Oversee the civil construction for all development work
- Create and implement efficient systems within the production/ construction dept.
- Lead the production team in weekly production meetings
- Coordinate with Sales and Design on Model home needs.
- Coordinate the install of neighborhood signage
- Hold Production Department Employees accountable to the Company requirements
- Responsible for upholding and enforcing Company Site Standards in all new developments.
PREREQUISITES FOR SUCCESS:
- Innate problem solving
- Does not compromise for the status quo
- Comprehensive understanding of local building codes, methods and means of home building
- Ability to create coordinated controlled urgency
- Must possess and maintain a valid Motor Vehicle license.
- Passion for innovation and improvement
Proficient in the following software:
- Builder Trend
- Microsoft Excel & Office Suite Applications
- Adobe Acrobat
- Time of Construction.
- Variance percentage from budget.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Job Site Quality.
- Number of Units Closed
REPORTS TO: Head of Construction
WORKS WITH: Production, Purchasing, Drafting, Sales and Design
SUPERVISES: All Production/ Construction Staff