We are searching for a Director of Catheter Development for a highly regarded, rapidly growing, Class III medical devices company located in Irvine, CA. The Director of Catheter Development will lead cross functional teams in the development of balloon catheters. This position is open at both the manager and director levels.
This well funded, and rapidly growing company is expected to go public next year.
Requirements for the Director of Catheter Development:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or biomedical engineering; advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years experience developing Class III medical devices with at least 4 years developing cardiovascular balloon catheters
- Strong working knowledge of the balloon catheter space, and an understanding of electrophysiology principles
- Experience writing and verifying specifications, designing test fixtures, test processes.
- Experience developing and mentoring product development teams
- Working knowledge of standard medical device manufacturing equipment and processes
- Proficiency in SolidWorks
- Strong communication skills, oral, written and electronic
- Strong statistical and documentation skills
Responsibilities of the Director of Catheter Development:
: Please apply using the form or send your resume to Debbie Winkelbauer