This client is leading and inspiring a shift in society’s views of elderhood. Join their family of dedicated, talented employees who are at the forefront of innovative senior services delivery in this community. They embrace living every day by fostering a culture that is friendly, respectful, responsive, compassionate, innovative, and fun for both employees and the elders and residents that call this elder community home.
Position Summary: The Dietician coordinates clinical nutrition care and planning for designated elders as part of an interdisciplinary care team. The Dietician helps Elders balance nutrition needs due to specific medical conditions with food preferences to achieve agreed upon goals and provides high quality service in a collaborative team effort that is elder-focused and supports the Eden philosophy. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for nutritional assessments and monitoring of assigned residents.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings, family meetings and other assigned committees.
- Collaborate with Core Teams to facilitate appropriate nutritional care and care planning on an as needed basis.
- Provide diet counseling to residents and their family members as needed.
- Act as a liaison between elder community and the families of the elders.
- Help with other duties as needed that support the Core Team to fulfill their mission vision and values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food and Nutrition or Dietetics required.
- Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) or RD eligible required.
- Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist in NYS preferred.
- One year in long term care preferred.
- Ability to interact with elders and care for their needs.
- Willingness to embrace and exemplify Their Brand’s Characteristics.
- Compliance with NYS Department of Health immunization requirements, including the COVID-19 full vaccine series prior to start date.
About the area:
Explore a world of art, theater, music, photography, history, nature and play in Rochester, New York. From standing in the parlor where Susan B. Anthony was arrested to listening to great jazz on the streets. Rochester is located on the Southern shore of Lake Ontario and sits at the center of the historic Erie Canal. Only a 90-minute drive to Niagara Falls, 1.5 hours to the Finger Lakes wine country and 6 hours to New York City. World class events such as the International Jazz Festival and the Highland Park Lilac Festival, PGA and LPGA championships, etc. attract nearly two million visitors each year. The George Eastman Museum, the National Museum of Play at the Strong and the National Toy Hall of fame are popular with all ages. This beautiful area abounds with state and local parks which offer summer and winter sports, camping, etc. Many well-known colleges & universities in the area as well.