Our Client is searching for an experienced Diesel Tech to join their growing, family owned, shops in the Wyoming/Grand Rapids areas.
Shift – 3rd Shift – In Shop – (No Sundays!)
Pay – $24.00 – $43.00/hr. (based on experience, education, certifications, skillset, etc.) Technician Bonus Program, Shift Premium, 3 weeks PTO with rollover, and much much more……
What You Will Do:
Under the direction of the Service Manager, the Service Technician maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records, as well as:
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent – Trade school or college education in a diesel technology program preferred.
- At least 5 years related work experience preferred.
- Valid State or Federal A/C Certification.
- At least 2 engine certification (Paccar, Cummins or Caterpillar)
- Mechanical knowledge required.
- Valid Driver’s License required; CDL preferred (must be willing to obtain).
- Dependable and reliable attendance required.