We are searching for a Design Drafter for a rapidly growing medical devices company in North San Diego County.
Requirements for the Design Drafter:
- Associates Degree in Drafting or 2 years’ experience in drafting
- Strong understanding of creating engineering drawings and specifications following GD&T practices.
- Understand scientific units and measures as well as perform basic mathematical calculations
- Proficient with SolidWorks and AutoCAD to quickly and effectively turn concepts into CAD models and detailed design drawings. Hands-on experience assembling and troubleshooting assembly equipment and fixtures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel as well as editing drawings in AutoCAD and SolidWorks
Responsibilities of the Design Drafter:
- Collect initial drawings, calculations and design ideas from engineers and combine all relevant data into coherent and complete initial design models for review and modification.
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, fixtures, and controls using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) software.
- Coordinate with engineers and project managers to understand the project requirements, verify design details and recommend modifications as needed, according to company and regulatory standards and best practices.
- Work to communicate with manufacturing personnel to create detailed layouts prior to production, and assist in designing, creating, and testing production equipment and fixtures.
- Provide support to the engineering team as needed by creating technical drawings and digital models within deadlines and utilizing multiple methods to ensure deliverables include all relevant design details.