Amazing new role open near Schaumburg for a full time direct hire Deductions Analyst.
High growth family owned company who is a well known name in the automotive products sector with over 70 employees and amazing benefits including:
4 weeks PTO to start, 401K , Blue Cross health coverage and a Hybrid work schedule. (2 days office/ 3 days remote)
Responsible for resolving customer shipping, pricing and trade deductions in an efficient and timely manner while identifying trends in customer behavior and assessing areas for improvement. Maintains customer data in internal systems and gathers information to resolve issues impacting the collections process or other business functions. Supports the day-to-day functional operations of the accounts receivable area for the Finance Department.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and determine the validity of customer deductions while working directly with customers to resolve disputes and collect payments.
- Secure necessary deduction documentation to resolve issues (invoices, proof of delivery, bill of lading, contracts, customer forms, etc.)
- Analyze and reconcile all trade deductions.
- Create documentation to write off, adjust or prepare for charge-back to recover funds.
- Research root cause of unauthorized deductions and issues while effectively communicating and providing recommendations to management for improvement.
- Implement process improvements to reduce recurring collection and deduction issues.
- Utilize and produce reports related to deductions to identify trends and track results.
- Support development of work procedures and guidelines
- Identify deduction patterns and issues to assist in cross-functional solutioning with sales and customer teams.
- Develop relationships with key customers and understand how it aligns with company strategy.
- Partnership with Sales, Customer Service and Quality Teams
- Support Audit requests from outside auditors
- Train new deduction team members and others as needed
- Other duties as assigned