Seeking a Data Solutions Engineer for its energy software technology client located in Houston, Texas.
· Base Salary of $100k – $125k DOE plus 20% bonus opportunity and benefits
· HYBRID ROLE – 2 days in office / 3 days work from home per week
· Minimum 3+ years in Data Engineering
· Experience with Python, C#, and/or JS required
· Experience with SQL, BI Tooling, Data QC and Documentation required
- Perform Data Engineer functions and develop data process models, including sourcing, loading, transformation, and extraction.
- Map data between source systems, data warehouse and data lakes.
- Consult with users, management, and technicians to assess requirements to implement data models and structure data in ready-for-business consumption formats.
- Understand and work with many data types including relational and SCADA.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, including automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, and data quality checks.
- Use company software for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources including SQL.
- Assist and create visualizations of data in Power BI.
- Work with other data engineers, data ingestion specialists, and subject matter experts across the company to standardize methodologies.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Information Systems, or a related field preferred
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in data engineering.
- Experience with:
- Assembling large data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Automating manual processes.
- Optimizing data delivery; data quality checks.
- Writing data models, technical standards and guidelines, investigations and recommendations, presentations and briefings, and meta-data catalogs for business and technical use.
- Programming Experience (eg. Python, C#, JS)
- Power BI / BI Tooling
- Data QC