Our client in Nashville, TN is starting discussions with custom-residential Sr Superintendents for an opportunity with their company. They specialize in commercial & residential new custom-home construction and provide a great company atmosphere/culture.
To provide excellent customer service and produce efficient and effective results in three primary areas:
1. Assist with pre-construction planning, permits and scheduling
2. Lead efforts on producing quality construction projects
3. Lead efforts on producing regular and accurate job progress reports, meeting notes, budget updates and schedules as required.
Overview on this position:
- It is assumed the Superintendent will have mastered all the duties of building many high-end New Custom-Home from Start to Finish (Foundation thru Close-Out).
- Be responsible to uphold and defend their values and standards at all times, under all circumstances
- Complete all required pre-construction functions (utilities, schedules, etc.)
- Assist the project manager in maintaining the project schedule on BuilderTrend (or similar program) for proactive scheduling of subs, production staff and material deliveries
- Assist the project manager to complete and submit a thorough, proactive, weekly cost-to-complete estimate with notes.
- Maintain at least weekly communication with clients and Project Manager regarding work schedules via daily logs and photos…essentially stay informed at all times
- Assist the project manager in planning an agenda and documenting project meetings (schedule, selections, general notes, change requests and to-do’s).
- Maintain strong and up-to-date relationships with subs and vendors in our area.
- Sign contracts with subcontractors when needed to protect their clients.
- Collaborate with Production Manager and other Project Managers to overcome obvious or impending production problems and/or delays
- Turn in and hours worked and weekly job invoice folders with cost coded invoices to Office Manager on time.
- Develop and implement new production systems and strategies on an ongoing basis to increase efficiency, safety and productivity
- Attend staff meetings and training as required