JOB TITLE: Cost Accountant
FACILITY LOCATION: Woodbury, NY
A very well known Food & Beverages company located in Woodbury NY. They have a need for a Cost Accountant to join their growing team.
The cost accountant position is accountable for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The cost accountant must also construct and monitor those cost-effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management.
- Perform month-end close activities related to cost accounting.
- Prepare actual vs. plan (budget) analysis. Prepare various financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, inventory and expense information for various customers as needed for decision making support.
- Set up new raw material, packaging; maintain periodic cost rolls/updates.
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs. Analyzes actual production costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Prepares estimates of new and proposed product or service costs.
- Recommends cost efficiencies in new product layouts.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Develop and maintain standard costs of finished goods and production components in SAP.
- Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
- Lead and manage the quarterly excess and obsolete inventory review process.
- Ensure validity and accuracy of SAP through analysis, internal audit and coordination with inventory control, production and work order processing.
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed or required.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- BA in Accounting of Finance
- Food industry experience a plus
- Hands on SAP experience preferred but not required
- Must have at least 2 years of cost accounting experience in Process Manufacturing
- 3+ years operational experience, especially with inventory
- Must be familiar with cost of business activity terms such as raw material purchases, inventory, standard cost, labor cost, bills of materials, routings and overhead.
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong grasp of GAAP accounting and general accounting concepts
- Extremely strong Excel skills, especially advanced modeling and analytical techniques
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- 3 tiers of Medical Insurance to choose from (Cigna)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(K) Plan – 50% employer match
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Commuter Benefits (NY and NJ only)
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Specified Disease and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- LegalEASE Legal assistance program
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- On-site chiropractor
- Fitness Center with included classes
- Wellness Program
- Free beverages and discounts on merchandise