OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
The successful candidate should have 2 – 3 years of experience in finance/accounting, preferably in Public Accounting with experience analyzing financials of manufacturing industries and play a key role in our month end close process, balance sheet analysis, monthly financial reporting, and variance analysis versus budget and prior year. He or she must be self-motivated, energetic, enthusiastic, resourceful, articulate, and demonstrate the ability to work well independently as well as within a team environment. He or she must be well organized, detail oriented, and demonstrate the flexibility to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines. Excellent oral and written skills are necessary, as is the ability to interact with all levels of management. The position reports to the Corporate Accounting Manager.
This role will be based in our corporate headquarters in Needham, MA and follow our hybrid work model, three days working onsite and two remote working days.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage day-to-day accounting responsibilities, including month-end and year-end close, year-end audit, intercompany reconciliation, and financial reporting
- Complete various journal entries and account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts monthly; Ensure accurate accounting for various transactions and activities
- Prepare financial statements and analysis for month end close meetings
- Provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports
- Prepare monthly fluctuation analysis by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Ensure all financial records are in accordance with GAAP
- Identify and implement improvements on internal controls, procedures, and forms around month-end close process
- Update and maintain forecast of balance sheet, cash flow, and bank covenant calculations in Master Financial Model
- Play a key role in annual year-end audit; Prepare audit schedules and reconciliations as required
- Assist with acquisition analysis, including due diligence and transition of acquired company
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget and subsequent monthly variance analysis
- Prepare sales/use tax returns for monthly, quarterly and annual filings.
- Research sales/use tax issues and stay current on sales tax law changes.
- Prepare for sales and use tax audits.
- Assist with the annual corporate insurance renewal process.
- Performs other ad hoc analysis and reporting
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, CPA preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in accounting; Experience auditing/analyzing manufacturing industry financials is a plus
- Passionate about Accounting, well-organized, and detail-oriented
- Team player with strong collaborative communication skills who can work well across departments
- Ability to work independently and be pro-active
- Strong ERP skills; Experience with Microsoft Navision or Dynamics 365 is a plus
- Strong knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Self-starter who is flexible and a quick learner with attention to details.
The below physical demands are representative of those that must be met by the team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- The person in this position need to occasionally move about inside the office to access meeting rooms, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Learn new tasks, remember processes, maintain focus, complete tasks independently, make timely decisions in the context of a workflow, ability to communicate with visitors, ability to complete tasks in situations that have a speed or productivity quota.