- We are a leading global manufacturer of innovative food products and solutions. Our company was founded in 1948 with the intention of creating fantastic food products for everyone to enjoy worldwide
- Today we design, manufacture and distribute a wide spectrum of food products found at fast food restaurants, restaurant chains and grocery stores world-wide
- This position is responsible for working with the plant and engineering teams to ensure the optimal performance of all manufacturing equipment and processes including automation efforts.
- This will be accomplished via equipment modification and process improvement initiatives.
- This position will play a lead role in identifying and implementing electrical control projects, mechanical projects and automation initiatives that will in turn eliminate non-value-added manufacturing costs.
Automation Projects and Initiatives:
- Assist in conceptual development of automation projects, and coordinate requirements between manufacturing, engineering, and operations management
- Lead implementation of selected automation initiatives
Manufacturing Equipment Optimization:
- Establish technical competence and knowledge of process and manufacturing equipment.
- Select or design equipment to increase throughput while eliminating non-value-added manufacturing costs
- Participate in the evaluation of equipment by contributing creative manufacturing solutions involving production lines, machinery, and infrastructure
- Install or oversee the installation of equipment upgrades designed to optimize the production process
- Design or specify replacement control systems and components for obsolete systems. Includes electrical and electronic equipment, PLCs, and software.
Process Improvement Initiatives:
- Analyze current process requirements and standards
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and enhancement
- Lead or support implementation of selected electrical – mechanical process improvements
- Equipment Upgrades
- Participate in development of annual capital budget to support the business plan
- Establish project scope, key deliverables, budget and schedule estimates in preparation for project kick-off
- Determine infrastructure/equipment layouts and space preparation as required
- Establish major equipment comparison data for target suppliers, with capability analysis and selection criteria for capital projects
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- 2+ years’ experience in engineering/ maintenance/Controls/Systems working on manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Superior understanding of electronics and electrical systems including PLCs, systems integration, controls, robotics, and hard automation.
- Naturally curious and creative thinker especially related to the application of electrical and mechanical technology.
- Capable of effective communication and team building to enhance project coordination.
- Experience in presentation of major projects to management using Power Point or equivalent software.
- Knowledge of manufacturing environment including current compliance requirements for safety.
- Excellent problem-solving skills in an industrial equipment environment.
- AAS/BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or a related Engineering field.