Controls Engineer – Fanuc
We are looking for an experienced CNC Controls Engineer to join our growing Engineering team and help build and enhance our CNC machinery and related products.
The ideal candidate is hands-on with significant experience in developing scalable Ladder Logic platforms as well as discrete software solutions for CNC Machinery. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision and be self motivated to learn new techniques and skills. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Develop software to support CNC machinery’s core and ancillary functions
- Review, consult, and write Logic to run a CNC Machine and ancillary equipment.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements to existing machines in the field.
- Good documentation habits to make code readable for fellow engineers and
maintaining basics of user guides
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites to minimize code bugs
- Ability to work in an agile environment
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business users, project managers and other
engineers to achieve solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience
- Hands-on experience working with PLC logic and CNC machinery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fanuc Ladder
- Fanuc Servo Guide
- Basic knowledge of Fanuc Parameters
- Experience with Windows Networking
- Ability to read and understand Wiring Schematics