An industry leader in the design and manufacturing of electrical motor controls is looking for a Controls and Automation Engineer to join their team in Hernando, MS – just 25 miles south of Memphis. This company specializes in electrical control system design for warehouse and distribution facilities that include robotic integration, PLC programming, and panel fabrication systems for material handling, food and beverage, oil and gas, wastewater, aquaculture, and aggregate industries.
In this position, you will be responsible for the design, detail, and build of motor controls and automation systems. The ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge of motor controls and automation systems.
- Lead projects from design through build and engineering for motor controls and automated systems with superior organization.
- Specify hardware components and develop electrical wiring diagrams ensuring the design meets the controls requirements.
- Write function descriptions based on the customer controls requirements.
- Improve and streamline assembly process
- Development, construction, and installation of motor controls, automated machines, systems, and processes including pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Provide customer support when needed
- Requisition products and parts for the build
- Engineering support for product assembly
- Debugging, installation, and service
- Travel is not a significant part of the anticipated task load; however, some may be required.
- Experience working with a variety of control systems including PLCs.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the National Electric Code (NEC) and international codes and safety standards.
- Experience designing and programming control systems with emphasis on PLCs, SCADA or HMI systems is a plus.
- Ability to work with plant engineers, external vendors, operators, and management to manage projects and assignments.
- Willingness to work with all aspects of a project from initial customer contact to conceptualization and design, to implementation and commissioning are required.
- Ability to troubleshoot control systems.
- Experience with control system networking technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Experience in oil and gas, water, wastewater, and irrigation a plus.
- BS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University or five (5) years’ experience in lieu of a degree.
- 2+ years in control design for motor controls systems in an operating engineering or maintenance environment with an emphasis on control panel layout and design is required.
- Electrical schematic design, PLC programming, familiarity with Siemens, Allen-Bradley PLC hardware/software is a plus.
- Experience in commissioning and startup of control systems is required.
- Proficiency in the use of Autodesk AutoCAD and Microsoft Office is required.
- Experience with EPLAN desired