Our client is a leading real estate development and property management firm in central Ohio with an opportunity for an energetic Controller to lead accounting operations.
In this role, you will work directly with the owners and executives for the organization, interacting with associates, property managers, and vendor partners while delivering exceptional customer experience. The individual in this role will lead eight others in delivering a high level of service while overseeing the financials for the organization. The team handles day to day functions such as payroll, collecting monthly rents, and managing expenditures, while working to continually streamline accounting and financial operations, and serve as a financial steward for the organization.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the financial affairs of the organization under the direction of the President and CFO.
- Oversee and Conduct the financial activities of the organization to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and compliance any relevant regulations.
- Payment of invoices, payroll for associates, collection of rents from residents, etc. All the typical things a Controller does.
- Be cognizant of expenditures, searching for opportunities to contribute to profitability
- Develop / produce monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements and annual budgets, and review with the executive team.
- Lead and manage the individuals responsible for invoicing / receivables, payroll, vendor payments, turnover, etc.
- Prepare accurate and timely cash flow projections.
- Manage Accounts Receivable balances and collect delinquent accounts
- Be a strong Financial Steward for the organization
What’s it take to succeed?
- Chances are you’ll have 8 or more years in finance and accounting, with several years in a Controller role. Real estate and / or property management is a plus but not required. The aptitude and desire is key.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to be hands on when needed, performing the operational elements of the controller role, while being able to step back and understand broader business considerations and strategic considerations.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence. Ability to relate to everyone from executives to residents to service associates. High emotional intelligence.
- Adept at leveraging systems and technology to enhance accounting / financial operations. A whiz at Word, Excel, etc. Comfortable with financial and accounting software. Experience with AppFolio is a plus.
- Willingness to step “out of the box” and contribute to the organization outside of day to day accounting.
- A curiosity, a desire to learn and get better, and be proactive in identifying risks and situations, and mitigating these.
Why this one?
- Be a key player in a growing organization.
- Gain skills overseeing accounting for a multi-company entity.
- Opportunity for broader responsibilities for the right person.
Sound like something of interest? Take the next step by sending us your resume for a confidential discussion.