· Reporting to the CFO and with a handful of direct reports, you must be able to work full-time in the office (5 days a week).
· Lead the finance/accounting department
· Accountable for managing all accounting activities, including establishing financial policies and procedures, timely and accurate submission of monthly financial results and gross margin forecasts, as well as, supporting business unit initiatives as appropriate.
· Manage the operational finance, general accounting, fiscal, and business needs of the plant.
· Oversee and direct all accounting activities, including establishing financial policies and procedures, timely and accurate submission of monthly financial results and gross margin forecasts as well as supporting business unit initiatives as appropriate.
· Strong knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and the ability to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Monthly / Quarterly financial reporting (P+L and Balance Sheet).
· Manage the preparation of accurate and timely monthly financials.
· Ensure the monthly close meeting review is robust and complete.
· Own Gross Margin budget vs actual analysis/commentary.
· Prepare and present quarterly accounting dashboard to Leadership Team.
· Partner with the FP&A team on Revenue and shipment units.
· Collaborate with the leadership team to evaluate potential changes in the following: functional spending, monthly build plans & absorption, and manufacturing variances/period expenses.
· Review and update Standard Costs.
· Primary owner of quarterly FP&A, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow forecasts.
· Business Partner Support.
· Attend Operations Management team meetings to understand current operating activity and any upcoming opportunities or challenges that may impact the BU’s financial results.
· Partner with site Operations Management to develop cost reduction and supply chain improvement strategies to meet short and long-term objectives of the business.
· Review all CAPEX requests and facilitate all necessary management approvals.
· Review inventory POs and facilitate corporate management approvals.
· Provide counsel on accounting treatment for new or non-standard commercial arrangements
· Partner with leadership to drive all business-related initiatives impacting accounting including new commercial programs and compliance-related customer service programs.
· Transactional accounting.
· Review/approve AP payments to third-party and intercompany vendors.
· Compliance and Other Corporate Support.
· Manage Accounting functions, including GL, AP, and Cost Accounting.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; or equivalent.
· Master’s degree preferred.
· 10 + years of manufacturing finance experience, as well, as managing a financial structure.
· Excellent knowledge of US GAAP.
· Experienced in using robust ERP systems with an emphasis on application to finance administration.
· Proficient in personal productivity applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Solid understanding of theory, principles, and practices of general finance, accounting, budgeting, financial planning, FP&A, and cost accounting as applied to reporting and planning.