We are seeking an experienced Controller to oversee the clinical trial accounting function of our organization. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in clinical trial accounting, financial reporting, and regulatory requirements for public companies in the pharmaceutical industry.
Manage the day-to-day operations of the clinical trial accounting department, including guiding decision making and building a robust financial infrastructure to support the needs of a publicly traded company.
· Set, oversee, and adjust accounting department structure to optimize effectiveness and minimize risk.
· Lead the financial reporting process, ensuring the accuracy and reliability of all financial information related to clinical trials.
· Review and analyze clinical trial budgets, forecasts, and actual results to ensure compliance with accounting principles, regulatory requirements, and company policies.
· Assess system requirements for the clinical trial accounting department in support of organizational growth; systems implementation experience or improvement experience; lead system implementations in core areas of responsibility.
· Partner with SEC reporting and SOX compliance team members to design, document, and maintain effective internal controls over the accounting and financial reporting processes to ensure compliance with SOX 404b.
· Work with CFO and VP finance to monitor and manage cash and investments.
· Supervise and oversee accounts payable and payroll related to clinical trials.
· Maintain the chart of accounts for clinical trials.
· Proactively initiate process improvements to enhance financial reporting and internal control processes.
· Partner with finance and accounting leaders to identify, hire, and train additional accounting personnel as the company grows.
· Prepare ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis, as well as special projects as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, or business administration with an accounting/finance emphasis.
· Minimum 5 years of work experience with relevant public company accounting and financial reporting, with a minimum of 5 years managing teams.
· Proven ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial statements and disclosures, including clinical trial accounting.
· Strong technical accounting background with experience in clinical trial accounting, including revenue recognition and capitalization of costs.
· Knowledge of regulatory requirements related to clinical trials, such as GAAP and SOX.
· Strong communicator with the ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers, and customers as needed.
· Strong writing skills to author accounting memos and external disclosures.
· Growth mindset, with a focus on continual process improvement. Change agent capable of gaining commitment to action.
· A collaborative style with the ability to partner and build trust and accountability across all levels of the organization.
· Experience in biotech, pharmaceutical, or medical device industry.
· A goal-oriented team player who thrives on strong performance and results.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, 401k, and paid time off. The total compensation range for this position is between $220,000 to $270,000 with full benefits. This is a remote position with periodic on-site meetings as needed to ensure effective collaboration with cross-functional teams. If you have a passion for clinical trial accounting and are looking to join a dynamic team of professionals, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity as our Controller.