Company produces printed folding cartons for pharmaceutical industry products, cartons, booklets and inserts for high profile name brand clients. The role will be to support a large 24 x 7 plant and the 400+ employee operation and to maintain and improve production operations.
The Continuous Improvement Manager position is accountable for identifying and completing projects and key
initiatives at the plant level through the use of Six Sigma, Lean, and Project Management methodologies.
Working with plant leadership, managers, supervisors, engineering and quality teams to ensure the
Continuous Improvement program is deployed effectively ensuring initialization of continuous
improvement systems and tools are used and sustained to accelerate business improvement initiatives.
They will work closely with the Regional Continuous Improvement Manager to identify and drive
Continuous Improvement initiatives that result in performance and customer satisfaction improvement.
• Develop continuous improvement – lean manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies in the day-to-day operations
• Facilitate process improvement teams and provide counsel and assistance to team leaders on facilitation techniques, quality systems, continual improvement, people development and safety improvement.
• Act as a change agent (leader) to instill a Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement culture onsite
• Participate in the development of the site’s annual 12-months rolling lean implementation plan
− Manages manufacturing, logistics, and business process kaizen events
− Develop, update, and own the continuous improvement processes, metrics, and any associated tools
− Manages tactical planning for the continuous improvement work to be done in concert with leadership
− Contributes to the development and promotion of standard work and production basics across the organization
− Uses knowledge of waste elimination tools and techniques to identify clinical and operational opportunities for improvement
− Responsible for proposing and managing projects including tracking costs, assessing resources, and achieving deadline requirements
− Perform value stream analysis for the manufacturing plant
− Understands and supports training of the Lean Production System
− Understands and makes corrective action derived from OEE performance
− Manages Kaizen events directed at reducing setup times, scrap, and improving SQDC measures
− Improves manufacturing layouts and research options for process and product flow
− Performs time studies and equipment utilization studies
− Assists manufacturing with difficult troubleshooting problems on production equipment
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Engineering preferred.
• Minimum 0 – 2 years of manufacturing or similar experience.
• Six Sigma Green Belt certification preferred
• Experience in facilitating Kaizen workshops with demonstrated high impact results.
• Demonstrate formal training and experience with Value Stream Management tools, Kaizen methods,
and strategy deployment
• A demonstrated understanding of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Just-In-Time,
Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, SPC, Six Sigma
• Thorough understanding of lean tools such as standardized work, 5S, SMED, TPM, Kanban, MIFA, Error Proofing and etc.
• Thorough understanding of the DMAIC methodology Analytical skills including key statistical methods commonly used in Six Sigma