**Must Have Experience in a Manufacturing Plant**
Continuous Improvement Engineer Responsibilities:
- Facilitate cross-functional expert teams to drive breakthrough or Best-in-Class performance in People, Quality, Material Flow, and Cost.
- Identifies key individuals for team membership and secures their approval to become team members.
- Provides basic Six Sigma training to project team members.
- Applies Six Sigma tools and techniques to measure, analyze, improve and control project processes.
- Reports on project progress to Champion and other appropriate leadership levels at least on a monthly basis.
- Prepares detailed plans to track project performance and assure timely completion and achievement of quality and savings goals.
- Identifies barriers to project success and solicits help from champions when needed.
- Attends required training and acquires needed skills.
- Documents improvement process learning and shares best practices with other Black Belts.
- Identifies and brings forward to Champion new project opportunities.
- Accountable to impact on Operational Cost.
- Complies with all Company Safety policies, procedures and rules.
Continuous Improvement Engineer Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Engineering discipline preferred).
- Must have recent experience in a manufacturing plant preferably in the Automotive industry.
- Strong communication, presentation, and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated high-level performance.
- Has the initiative to drive change and is motivated to exceed expectations.
- Possess basic statistical knowledge and the ability to apply statistics to product and process improvement projects.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification is preferred.