We are looking for a Construction Estimator for our client in Irvine, CA. We are looking for someone with estimating in a construction environment and concrete project experience.
- Preparing cost estimates at various stages of design from drawings and budget to detailed take-off and pricing
- Participating in project meetings, reviewing schedules, and preparing reports
- Exploring documentations in order to gain a deep understanding of project requirements
- Building and maintaining healthy and long-term relationships with vendors, clients, and other project managers
- Creating and presenting reports to upper management
- Performing complex analysis of collected data and metrics
- Visiting sites, warehouses, and other venues necessary in order to do estimates
- Collecting and analyzing data by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and other related documents
- Training and leading other construction department’s administrative staff
- Managing incoming and outgoing blueprint drawings, and creating and maintaining appropriate logs for all construction projects
- Negotiating construction prices with subcontractors for competitive bidding
- Communicating with architects, engineers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors efficiently; and preparing economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- 3-5 + years of experience in construction
- Concrete/structural project experience