This dynamic role will pro-actively lead price negotiating and co-ordinate strategic purchases at the front end of the purchasing department. The Commercial Buyer is core to my clients mission to deliver best in class customer service and cost savings through smart inventory management and strategic purchasing decisions.
Key responsibilities will include:
Buying and Delivery:
Work alongside sales to dynamically negotiate supplier costs and enable more competitive pricing.
Ensure orders to suppliers enable shipments to us on time and in full.
Work with sales to establish accurate forecasting requirements for purchasing.
Analyze and achieve pack size optimization to establish a best in class responsiveness to our customers and cost savings.
Analysis of data to ensure efficient stocking policies deliver commercial benefits
Supplier & Product Management:
- Analysis of reporting metrics to manage the external supply base.
- Point of contact on behalf of the purchase team for certain commodities.
- Support the introduction of new products from existing and new suppliers.
- Placing purchase orders to ensure the inventory is kept at optimum levels.
- Maintain supplier price agreements, communicating changes where appropriate.
- Ensure ERP data is kept updated and maintained to the highest standard
- Develop and leverage lean principles and digital solutions to continuously improve process and system efficiencies.
- As an advocate for change, to perform other reasonable duties that may be required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a tenacious approach to supplier negotiations.
- Be Innovative, entrepreneurial and comfortable challenging the status-quo
- Be Commercially focused and results orientated
- Have a passion for quality and bottom line improvement
- Have a data driven mindset demonstrated by strong Excel and data analysis skills
- Have strong communication skills
- Be a team player capable of working on their own initiative