Responsible for manufacturing product to customer specifications and in accordance with all applicable standard operating procedures (SOPs). This position also performs machine set-ups and break-downs, as well as creates and saves computer numerical control (CNC) programs.
- Manufacture parts per customer specifications and in compliance with all applicable SOPs. This includes, but is not limited to: maintaining traceability of product and material, using the ERP system, keeping tools and containers appropriately labeled, reviewing job traveler paperwork (especially for revision compliance and job specific notes), properly completing all paperwork, daily station cleaning duties, and segregating and identifying scrap parts and/or material.
- Inspect (with a microscope), measure and monitor parts per customer requirements and all applicable SOPs.
- Communicate with team lead and applicable managers to ensure manufacturing, quality, tool life management, and scheduling goals are being met. This includes alerting all applicable personnel of any issues or potential issues as they arise, as well as using various communication logs and boards.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and inspection on applicable machines.
- Perform proper and complete station cleanings daily and on a job-by-job basis.
- Alert appropriate personnel (supervisor, scheduling, and/or purchasing team) when material or tools are needed for a job, as well as when extra items need to be returned to stock.
- Participate in audit preparations and maintaining an audit-ready work environment.
- Set-up machines for optimal machine utilization for manufacturing parts to print. Able to complete complex set ups.
- Ensure set-up sheets are correct or revised for any changes made during the set-up (tools, fixtures, etc.)
- Break down machines to prepare for new set-ups when jobs/parts for manufacturing end or change.
- When necessary, provide direction or training to team members completing or assisting with machine set-ups or break downs.
- Create and save simple to moderately complex CNC programs for optimal machining.
- Demonstrate and lead by example regarding 6S of your area.
- Immediately report any safety issues or concerns to your department lead.
- Participate in risk management meetings when required.
- Audit preparations and participation
- 6S Participation
- General maintenance and cleaning of area
- Occasionally attend meetings
- Sign-up for and attend required trainings
- Leading and/or assist with on-the-job trainings, including observations by colleagues
- Other duties as assigned