* Set up, and operate Turning Centers to perform multiple machining and cutting operations.
* Must be willing to work overtime
* Must work well in a team environment and communicate openly and effectively with the team.
* Set up and operate Turning Centers using correct feeds and speeds while following standard operating procedures to produce good pieces within quality control limits per print.
* When necessary, takes corrective action and adjusts offsets to produce part within spec limits.
* Works under the general direction of the department supervisor with minimum supervision.
* Must be able to make changes to machine offsets.
* Responsible to assist with program management
* Properly document required information on work orders.
* Visually inspects parts for defects at prescribed intervals.
* To periodically make all required quality checks.
* Read and understand written work instructions.
* Instruct others on the setup and operation of the machine.
* Participates in team meetings and works well with team members. Actively participates in continuous improvement activities to assist team in meeting goals related to quality, cost, delivery, safety and morale.
* Learn and employ basic computer skills used to complete work orders
* Experience reading blue prints and using precision gauging equipment, such as micrometers and calipers.
* Conducts 100% visual inspection of lots as needed.
* Conducts 100% pin gauging of lots as needed.
* Ensures product quality to meet or exceed specifications.
* To maintain good housekeeping at all times in their assigned work areas.
* To develop their skills to a point that will enable them to produce quality parts at an acceptable production level determined by the averages of the department.
* Participates in operator training programs as a trainee or the trainer
* Works in other departments to help meet customer commitments which may include inspecting or sorting product, assists in keeping machines running or other activities.