Our client is a reputable, growing equipment manufacturer with physical locations in Ohio and Indiana. Due to growth, they are looking for a CNC Setup/Operator to work with an experienced team in a dynamic and action-oriented Continuous Improvement environment. This position will be responsible for the setting up and operation of CNC mills and lathes to produce parts to print specifications. An ideal candidate for this role should pay strong attention to detail, is committed to workplace safety, and maintains a constant quality mindset in all work.
Shift: This is a 2nd shift position that will train on 1st shift for the first few weeks.
Essential Functions/Job Responsibilities:
- Interpret engineering drawings to understand tolerances of the parts to be machined.
- Interpret setup documentation and tooling sheets to setup a variety of jobs.
- Setup and operate CNC machines to meet parts per hour requirements.
- Perform quality checks and make necessary adjustments to hold dimensions and tolerances (up to .0002″).
- Makes necessary offset and program adjustments or requests program updates from programmer in order to hold dimensions and tolerances to print specifications.
- Takes proper care of all tools and equipment.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years prior machining experience with thorough set-up skills and understanding.
- Ability to read blueprints and to use and read precision measuring tools.
- Understanding of basic shop math including decimal/fraction conversion.