This position requires the technical skills necessary to develop efficient CNC programs to machine precision parts.
The primary responsibilities of the CNC Lathe Programmer are:
- Write and optimize CNC programs to create complex parts on 2 Axis Haas Lathes and Okuma 2 Spindle lathes with live tooling.
- Calculate and set machine controls for factors such as speed, feed, and depth of cut and cutting method
- Load machine programs and performs setup tasks including tool setting and program verification
- Create and compile necessary documents to aid setting up machines
- Integrate work with Engineering, Production, Quality, Purchasing, and Scheduling Departments to ensure a smooth flow of quality products through the factory
- 3+ years experience writing CNC programs in a production machining environment
- Ability to complete hands on setups and/or troubleshoot setup issues with operator
- Demonstrates proficiency with CAD (solid modeling) and CAM software.