Clinician/Therapist: Addiction Services
Hilton Head Island, SC
$60,000 – $70,000
The Therapist is responsible for providing confidential addiction counseling, education and support to individuals, families, and the community, and for promoting healthy lifestyles and healthy choices. Under the supervision of a Program Director or Clinical Director, the Therapist will provide addiction services including, but not limited to, assessment, group, individual, and family sessions, and other modalities to clients and their families according to demonstrated competence.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assessing clients using the ASI, CASI, or other standardized or evidence-based assessment tools and diagnosing clients for substance disorders using the DSM 5
- Obtaining previous records that are relevant to the current treatment episode
- Collaborating with the client in order to develop a written treatment plan that is client-centered and recovery oriented and includes goals and measurable objectives
- Providing the substance abuse counseling services specified in the client treatment plan
- Reviewing clients throughout the treatment episode according to ASAM, to determine the need for continued services or discharge/transfer
- Reviewing and, where necessary, revising the substance abuse counseling portion of the client treatment plan to address emerging problems
- Developing the client discharge/transfer plans to ensure movement to the appropriate levels of care
- Contacting referral sources, providing case consultation and coordination with referral sources (for example: mental health treatment providers, criminal justice agencies, schools, employers, Child Protection Services)
- Participating as a member of a multidisciplinary team for assigned clients
- Providing active case consultation
- Documenting all counseling and education services, assessments, reassessments, referrals, and follow-up in the client’s clinical record, providing appropriate signatures and dating of such entries, including those made in electronic records
- Positively promotes Sunspire Hilton Head to prospective clients and employees.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- CADC, LAC, LPC, or equivalent
- Licensed clinical professional doing work of an addiction counselor preferred.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency.
COMPETENCIES — KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Ability to assess, plan services, and deliver services to individuals in need of substance abuse treatment.
- Ability to establish rapport, systematically gather data, determine the readiness for individual treatment and change, and apply accepted criteria for diagnosis of substance use disorders.
- Ability to screen for psychoactive substance toxicity, intoxication, and withdrawal symptoms.
- Ability to screen for danger to self or others.
- Ability to screen for co-occurring mental health issues.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to determine treatment recommendations and priorities.
- Ability to formulate mutually agreed-upon, measurable treatment goals and objectives in conjunction with the individual served.
- Demonstrated adherence to acceptable ethical and behavioral standards of conduct.
- Participation in continuing Professional Development.
- Understands the benefits and limitations of toxicology testing procedures.
- Knowledge of strategies for treating alcohol, cocaine, and other drug abuse.
- Knowledge of medication-assisted therapy.
- Skilled in meeting client needs in keeping with state required staff-to-client ratio.
- Ability to provide education and information to individuals and groups, through formal and/or informal processes, concerning their substance abuse.
- Ability to identify client needs that cannot be met by the counselor or agency and assists clients to utilize the support systems and community resources available. Demonstrated knowledge of accepted principles of client record management.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs during emergency drills or situations.