We are recruiting for an award-winning MAGNET hospital that is rapidly growing. If you are an experienced Clinical Laboratory Scientist with strong Chemistry lab skills, we want to talk to you.
Perform Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, Chemistry and Blood Bank (when applicable) testing using automated and manual techniques on a regular basis. Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
- Understands and adheres to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors.
- Demonstrate knowledge of hospital and departmental policies and procedures
- Attend staff meetings and in-services
- Completes annual competency requirements
- Ability to use laboratory computer system
- Produce work free of technical and clerical error
- Evaluate integrity of specimens and validity of test results
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting on laboratory instrumentation
- Perform and document QC and remedial action when necessary
- Successfully complete both internal and external proficiency testing
- Prioritize workload and tasks
- Inform supervisors of problems in a timely manner
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- New York State Medical Technologist license required or able to acquire before employment
- B.S. or A.S. degree in Medical Technology or Laboratory Science with one year of relevant hospital experience preferred.
- ASCP or NCA certification preferred
Shifts: Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm , alternating weekends and holidays.