- Perform complex engineering calculations, utilize computer software for analysis and design, and work efficiently with other team members for project completion.
- Assist in leading the bridge portion of projects for the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT), and Municipal/Local Government transportation projects throughout Illinois.
- Collaborate with senior technical staff and other project disciplines on significant projects across the country.
- Conduct analysis and design, calculation, preparation of specifications, details, and construction plans.
- Assign duties and mentor entry level staff and technicians.
- Prepare and review calculations, quantity take-offs, and opinions of probable construction costs.
- Assist in project pursuits and proposal development.
- Assist in development of project scopes and fees.
- Other duties as assigned.
We feel the following qualifications would set you up for success in this role:
- Experience with MicroStation is required.
- Experience with MS Office Suite preferred.
- Experience with structural design software packages such as Risa, Bentley Leap Bridge is required.
- Experience with Midas Civil or Larsa4D is desirable.
- Must be able to communicate complex technical concepts to engineers, clients, and/or public stakeholders.
- Must be able to build effective relationships with internal and external client bases.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member to problem solve and learn new technical skills.
- Interest in experiencing a variety of assignments is important.
- 5-10+ years of experience of highway bridge design. Railway bridge design experience is desirable.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the state of Illinois or be able to attain within 6 months.
- Registration as a P.E. in the state of Kentucky is desirable.
- Structural Engineering (S.E.) License or the ability to obtain an S.E. License is required.
- Master’s degree in Structural Engineering is desirable.