The Candidate will be working on both small and large scale projects and should have diverse civil engineering experience in the New York Metropolitan area. The candidate will be working on designing mixed-use developments, residential, higher education, transportation, and other exciting land development projects. The successful candidate must possess strong technical skills. The candidate will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of construction plans, specifications, technical reports and proposals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effective planning organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
- Maintain accurate records and files.
- Represents the company positively and professionally.
- BS in Civil Engineering required, MS preferred
- EIT is strongly preferred.
- Willingness to attain PE
- Minimum 3 years of civil consulting and field inspection experience.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation V8i and Microsoft office is required.
- Ability to create custom maps using GIS and CADD
- Understanding of basic engineering theories and principles.
- Understanding of basic practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternative, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Complementary skills or experience relative to our present staff.
- Field and office assignments, as required.
We offer employees competitive compensation packages, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, short, and long-term disability, paid holidays, paid time off, and 401k retirement plan.