Our clients, nearly 1,700 employees work together to deliver safe and reliable utility services to more than 600,000 customers in the City of Pittsburgh and surrounding areas. They are creating a larger than light, clean energy future for all — delivering exceptional results today and boldly harnessing opportunities for tomorrow.
This is a company that embraces diversity. As the Chief Diversity Officer you will report to the VP of Communications and Corporate Responsibility.
This is a role that is both strategic and hands on.
Primary responsibilities include:
– The diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) leader will set forth a comprehensive strategy. The strategy will capture existing areas of impact in the workplace (talent and culture), marketplace (products, services and supplier-base) and community (partnerships, corporate giving and volunteerism) with an initial internal focus on advancing an equitable and inclusive workplace culture.
o Establish DEI maturity curve and aspiration
o Assess maturity across different areas of the organization
o Create plans to advance an equitable and inclusive workplace culture
– Oversee the DEI Council and Business Employee Resource Groups (4) as agents for cultural transformation inside the company, including a growing focus on engaging field crews.
– Oversee and expand existing DEI team for program support and administration of BERG and DEI Council, including by establishing communications governance across DEI-related groups and projects, employee events, listening tours and employee outreach, and employee engagement action planning with a focus on DEI.
– Serve as an internal consultant and convener to guide the company’s response to social and/or workforce issues in close collaboration with our executive leadership team.
– Serve as an advisor to functions with existing DEI efforts, including Human Resources, Regulatory, Procurement, Customer and Community Relations, helping them to establish goals in line with the company’s DEI strategy framework.
– The DEI leader will drive organizational awareness of stakeholder expectations regarding performance (evolving reporting requirements, owner funds’ feedback, city pledges, etc.) and ensure company alignment, as appropriate.
– The DEI leader will work closely with the Communications and Brand team to position our progress through internal and external communications strategy, including annual reporting, pledges, awards and benchmarking, etc.
– The DEI leader will expand our partner network to help best utilize community resources to further our journey.
– Oversee DEI budget for consultant and advisory support, DEI Council and BERG programs, community memberships.